If you’re not an avid tea drinker, you should reconsider and try it. Tea is an aromatic beverage commonly prepared by pouring hot or boiling water over cured tea leaves of the Camellia sinensis, an evergreen shrub native to East Asia. the rich antioxidants in tea helps fight inflammation. In addition, it helps prevent blood vessels from hardening. It’s been known that tea drinkers have a lower risk of stroke, heart disease, and it boost brain health. The origin of tea is unknown, but legend says that in the year of 2737 BC, a Chinese emperor noticed that green leaf had blown into a bowl of bowling boiling water, colouring the water and creating what became known as tea. Here are reasons why tea is amazing.
- Not all tea helps with weight loss, but green tea is known to speed up your metabolism. Catechins found in tea increases the body’s ability to burn fat as fuel, which helps improve muscle endurance.
- Drinking tea reduces your risk of a heart attack. In addition, it help protect against cardiovascular and degenerative diseases. Strengthen your immune system
- Drinking tea actually destroys free radicals in the body. That’s because tea is high in oxygen radical absorbance.
- Specifically, green tea has been found to improve bone mineral density and strength
- The compounds found in tea helps diabetics process sugars better.
- The antioxidants found in tea help protect against different types of cancer like breast cancer, colon, colorectal, skin, lung, esophagus, stomach, pancreas, liver, ovarian, prostate, and oral cancers.